Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back to the knitting

I had a great time painting this week, but now it's time for more socks.

Since I had a pair of size 1 needles free (unfortunately the cold cold metal ones), I started a new sock:



It's another olde timey socke from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. This one is called "Little Child's Sock", although the pattern has been modified to fit a woman's foot. I think this pattern has a very old fashioned look to it, more so than the other patterns that I have used so far from the book. Nancy describes it as a "sampler of stitches." I like the weird bulgy shape of the top caused by the variation in stitches.

The yarn I'm using is Lorna's Laces Shephard Sock in Poppy, and it adds to the overall warm color scheme of my current sock crop:



Clockwise from top: Vogue Knitting Edelweiss sock; Eunny Jang's Bayerische Sock; Yarrow Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks; Cookie A.'s Monkey sock (the second one of a pair!) from Knitty; Little Child's Sock; and Titania's Revenge by Cookie A. for Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

No comments: