Saturday, December 29, 2007

The trouble with lace leaf patterns

I started a new sock a couple of days ago. I finally succumbed to the pull of the lace leaf pattern, specifically the Embossed Leaves sock pattern from Interweave Knits' Favorite Socks book. Not much to show right now, but here it is so far:



The pattern calls for a 1 x 1 Rib Cast on, which I had never done before. So, of course I botched it ridiculously the first time I attempted it. . .But it's always fun to learn something new. Maybe that will be my knitting goal for 2008, to try as many new techniques as I can.

Anyway, from surfing the internets I know that some knitters are not so crazy about the whole lace leaf trend. I wasn't sure why, but this morning I think I discovered the reason:



Aaaiieeee!!! LACE LEAF PATTERNS ATTRACT GIANT LEGO SPIDERS!!!! Fortunately I was able to shoo this gal away before any damage was done.

No comments: