Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Spring

Happy Spring, everybody! I wish I could enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having here in San Francisco, but I have been cooped up inside with the flu all week. Right now my voice sounds like Marge Simpson's. Jimmy is sick too, so we have been coughing and wheezing together.

At least I have not been too sick to knit. I finished the first of my Child's Sock in Miranda Pattern and started on the second:



I like it a lot, although the ankle is a little baggy on my leg. You can see in the picture how it increases kind of suddenly for the calf shaping. It looks that way in the book, so I don't think I screwed up. I'm not going to change this pair, but if I ever knit the pattern again, I will try adding another inch or so to the ankle section to see if that will make it more fitted.

My other knitting acheivement for the week was this:



Finally I have finished both sleeves for Cargo, a sweater I started a couple of years ago. As you can see, it's not the most exciting knit, but it was a good mindless project to work on in between coughing fits.

No comments: