Monday, May 26, 2008

Is it silly to finish a scarf at the end of May?

Not when you live right by the ocean in San Francisco. I'm sure I'll be wearing it in no time.



Pattern: Jyri, from Norah Gaughan Vol. 1
Yarn: Tess Designer Cultivated Silk and Wool
Needles: size 9 addi turbo 32" circs

I bought one skein of the yarn at Stitches West, and then later decided to make the scarf, which meant I needed to get another skein. Rather than brave the Tess Designer Yarn website ordering process, I waited a few months, traveled across the country, and with Jimmy "SquirtPants" as my patient companion, bought another skein at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. The Sheep and Wool skein was more purple than the Stitches skein, so I alternated skeins every 2 rows as I knit the scarf.

I would categorize this project as Lots of Fun.

No comments: