Last week I started working on bmp from Knitty:
I made a few changes to the pattern. First, I am working it slightly smaller, only 6 repeats instead of 7. Second, I'm using Panda Cotton instead of wool. It's making the sock very thick, but I think it will still be wearable. It's very squishy, which I like. I also like how crisp the Space Invaders look. Panda Cotton was too thick for size 0 needles, so I stepped up my needle size to 1's.
I hope these will turn out all right because they are kind of a pain in the ass to knit. There are lots of times where I have to criss-cross the non-working yarn to avoid long floats on the inside of the sock. Stranded knitting is fun except for the criss-crossing business.