Sunday, January 11, 2009

Catching up

Happy New Year, everyone!

Not much knitting news to report. . .

I finished my Firestarter socks and have already worn them:



Tiny feet (for scale, I guess) provided by Jimmy's nephew Noel.

I ended up knitting the second sock twice, somehow it ended up too long in the foot the first time. I think my tension got looser, and maybe I added an extra round in the pre-gusset stage. Anyway, it was quick to reknit and now they fit perfectly.

Sadly, the rest of my knitting projects have gone awry. I started a pair of mittens and ran out of yarn. I made a sock and decided it was too pink. I tried 3 different sock patterns with a lovely red yarn, but none of them seemed right.

Oh well, I have a lot of yarn and a lot of other patterns and ideas I'd like to try out. I'm sure I'll be back to juggling too many socks and sweaters and squids in no time.

1 comment:

jimmy said...

Hee hee hee. I didn't think feet came any smaller than yours. I guess I was wrong. Though a cute sacale I think they are about equal -:]