After I won the battle of the sleeves, ma Pluie Pullover turned out pretty well:
Pattern: Pluie Pullover by Teva Durham from Knitscene Winter/Spring 2009, mostly followed the directions for the 38 1/2" bust size
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Tape in Electric, approx 7 50g balls
Needles: size 15 Knitpicks Options wood 40" circ, size 17 to bind off
The yarn was resurrected from a sweater that I knit a couple years ago and never wore. I learned from that fail that Cotton Tape stretches out really fast. I think this pullover can handle it, though.
Other than my yarn substitution, my biggest change was in the sleeves, worked out through a great deal of trial and error and quite a few episodes of the original Star Trek series. . . To start each sleeve, I ended up picking up and knitting 12 stitches for the underarm instead of 6. Then, I did not do any increases and just knit until I got to the length I wanted. I only made three eyelets per sleeve and ended with 4 rounds in stockinette.