Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday Mochas

I feel like it's been a while since I took a photo like this:


Ta da! A new pair of socks!

Pattern: Oak Ribbed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Phoenix Fiberworks Fetish Superwash, colorway Hot Cocoa
Needles: size US 1.5 for top 2", size US 1 for the rest
Modifications: I knit the first 2" of the sock with slighter larger needles so the top of the sock wouldn't be too tight. Reinforced the heels and toes with Lang Jawoll Reinforcement Thread.

I thought it was best to stay simple with such a high contrast colorway. I just let the yarn do its thing. The yarn is on the skinnier side, kind of the same weight as Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock. It's a good match for the pattern. I once tried knitting the same pattern with Vesper Sock yarn and it came out way too big.




Another mocha, this one is from Sea Breeze Cafe. Mmmm.

No comments: