Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. . .

That means it must be time to take more pictures of knitting! Last week I posted some socks, this week I have a couple of in-progress sweaters to show:


First up is Forecast, which I'm knitting in Classic Elite Skye Tweed. I feel like I'm knitting with the yarn equivalent of Guinness Stout. Kind of heavy, but great in cold weather. (And it was $4 a ball at yarn.com, what a deal!) I'm planning to modify the pattern as several other knitters have done - start the ribbing on the sleeves at the elbows and lengthen the ribbing on the body. But I decided to be hardcore and keep the bobbles as written, 5 stitches into the same stitch. I like the bobbles.

Then we have Cargo, from our friends at Rowan. I'm using Rowan Denim, color name Tennessee. There's something really manly about Denim. It's all cotton, and you have to knit more than you normally would since the yarn will shrink 20% in length when you wash it. But the beauty of it is that it's supposedly tough as nails and can be washed in the washing machine with your jeans. I feel like I am working out when I knit this one. Cargo has been in progress since last June, but it has lain dormant for a few months. I worked on it a lot when we were on vacation in the Outer Banks. So it kind of reminds me of the Atlantic Ocean and the beach back east.


More to come. My goal is to start as many projects as I can at one time. And I have a lot of yarn.

No comments: