Friday, March 30, 2007

Waiting for the socks to dry



(Butter's not really all that interested, I suppose. I hope that you, gentle reader, will be slightly amused. Or could this be the most boring post ever? )

I never realized that hand washing my socks was something that I would do. Oh knitting, how you have warped me. . .

I like to wash my handknit wool socks with Eucalan, which, as the name suggests, contains eucalyptus and lanolin. The eucalyptus is to keep the moths away. It also makes my socks smell like coughdrops a little bit. It's nice because you don't have to rinse it out like you would with that Woolite crap. You just soak your socks for a while, then wrap them up in a towel and squeeze out the water as much as you can. I usually stand on the towel to do this. Compared to washing bras, it's a like a dance party!

No comments: