Monday, May 14, 2007

Yarrow Sock



The pattern is from Nancy Bush's book Knitting Vintage Socks, and it is an adaptation of a sock pattern from the late 1800's or early 1900's. It's a pretty basic pattern, just some knitting and purling in a soothing rib pattern. It's great to work on when my brain isn't quite functioning, like in the morning while I'm waiting for Jimmy to finish styling his mohawk before we carpool to work. If I turned into a zombie I think I would still be able to knit this sock, though maybe I would be knitting with intestines instead of yarn. These are the thoughts I have while knitting, you see.

I'm using Lantern Moon ebony sock needles. Although I love the way the dark wood looks against the yellow yarn, I'm not so crazy about how grabby the needles are. They are not as smooth as bamboo needles. Maybe they'd be better for something that is more intricate, where I would want to slow down a little.

No comments: