Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dealing with sleeves

I hate making sleeves. Something about them is incredibly BORING. They're not difficult enough to be interesting, but they're usually not simple enough, due to the shaping, for me to knit them on autopilot. It's boring me now just trying to figure out exactly what it is about sleeves that makes them so tedious.

I have tried knitting both sleeves at once, resulting in doubled boredom. I have tried starting with the sleeves, to get them over with first, and my project went on hiatus.

So here's my new way of dealing with sleeves. As I knit the sleeve, I will tell myself, "It's not a sleeve, it's a scarf." I can't explain it, but I think it's going to work.

Let's try it:


It's not a sleeve, it's a scarf. And it's almost do-ne!



It's a scarf, with a fancy end.



It's gonna be a scarf.



It's a scarf. . .Really, it is. . .a tube scarf. . .with an attachment. . .
Hmmm, it might not work for this one. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: