Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pimpin' some handspun

My good friend Betsy, who I've known since seventh grade and who now lives in New York, was in town a few days ago. We hadn't seen each other in about 4 years, and strangely enough in that period of time we have both become obsessed with yarn and knitting. She has been spinning and is planning to start her own handspun and hand-dyed yarn business.

She brought a few skeins to show me, and was kind enough to let me have a couple.


Lovely 100% merino.


Time for some close-ups:


I'm thinking this yarn would make a nice pair of mitts to keep my hands cozy.



And this will be great for a scarf.

I'm really excited to knit with these yarns. Something about them takes me back to what got me obsessed with knitting in the first place. Maybe it's the tactile quality of the handspun? Anyway, thanks Betsy!

2 comments:

jimmy said...

Yeah, Betsy's yarn was pretty rockin'! It made me want to knitt some more socks after I get my custom order in -:]

On a side note, what the heck do you need mittins for in SF?! -;]

linda said...

You know my hands are always cold. Especially during the cold and foggy San Francisco summer!