Sunday, October 21, 2007

I must have switched over to Finishing Mode

Earlier this year, my goal was to START as many projects as I could. But maybe you've noticed a new trend: Bloody Mary socks - finished in September, 80's-50's sweater - finished yesterday. And now I'm about to turn the heel on my second Whitby sock:



The first sock turned out to be a little bit tight, but not so bad that I felt the need to start over. Maybe the next time I knit this pattern I'll experiment with adding a few more stitches to the ribbed section.

I knit most of the sock with size 2 needles as directed, but I used size 1's for the heels and toes for reinforcement, rather than knitting with a reinforcing thread. The Sea Wool feels pretty strong on its own.

Once I finish this pair, I'll only have 5 socks, 2 sweaters, 1 scarf, and 1 giant squid to complete!

No comments: