Sunday, October 21, 2007

Finished!



The Grey Stripey Sweater aka The 1980's-1950's Sweater

Pattern: Moonlight from Rowan 34, by Kim Hargreaves
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton Print in Cloudy
Needles: size 8 and 9



(spinning with joy)


I'm really pleased with how this turned out, it's even better than I hoped it would be! I don't think I'll be unraveling it and turning it into a blanket, as I had threatened to do earlier. This is quite a victory for me, since this is the third pattern I have tried to make this crazy yarn work with.

And the sweater has already passed its first and most difficult test. As soon as I finished it yesterday, I wore it out in public, without a moment of hesitation. Jimmy and I had to go visit two of the nine circles of Hell - Target and Home Depot.

2 comments:

Chloe said...

The sweater is awesome and looks great on you! Definitely inspires me to try to finish some of my languishing projects. Bring the sweater in to our next knitting lunch so we can see it up close! :)

linda said...

Maybe this week I'll remember to bring the sweater in, Chloe!