Saturday, February 9, 2008

There's something down there

I decided to make a simple toe-up sock for a change, using my stripey fun Vesper Sock yarn. I cast on 20 stitches using the figure 8 cast on and increased to 52 stitches. This was the first time I did a figure 8 cast on, and it wasn't too bad. Now it's just knit knit knit for a while until I figure out where the heel should start.

I was surprised when I checked my gauge (I didn't bother doing a swatch, I just started knitting and then checked my gauge after I had a few inches done) and discovered that it was 7 stitches per inch on size 1 needles. Usually I get 8 sts/inch with sock yarn. That explains why those Oak Ribbed Socks that I attempted with the same yarn turned out too big!

I think I'm going to call them my Monster in the Basement socks.

No comments: