Saturday, April 12, 2008

Experimental octopus in the works

I meant to post this last week, but work has been trying to kill me, so I didn't have a chance. At least I'll be getting some overtime $$$. . . Anyway, I started this octopus a little while ago:



It's my usual formula of knitting in the round, decreasing and increasing until I have the shape I want, while selecting the colors of Noro Kureyon I want to knit as I go. There are 3 different colorways being used here, mostly #40, some #92, and a little bit of #194.

He's already grown a couple of arms since I took this picture. Also, he's turning out a little bit bigger than my original octopus:



And what makes this so experimental? Because this octopus is going to be a collaboration between Jimmy and me. He has been learning how to make fun electronic sound-makers with circuits and light sensors and other stuff. We want to combine my knitting with his sound-makers.

The question is, what does a knitted octopus sound like?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what a knitted octopus sounds like, but grilled octopus sounds yummy!