Saturday, January 2, 2010

First sweater of the year

Okay, I actually finished this last year (meaning last week) but since I'm posting today, I'm calling it the first of the year.



Pattern: Kaari from Norah Gaughan Vol. 1
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in black, 12 balls
Needles: size 8 and 6

This sweater was easy to make and is easy to wear also. Due to the front utility pockets and slightly weird neck, it has that 1960's futuristic space-sweater feeling that I quite enjoy. It is also very cosy. Probably the Cashmerino Aran is going to pill, but oh well, it's so soft and pretty, I will forgive it.

3 comments:

snap! said...

nice! i like the pocket flap/apron thing at the bottom...more clothes need those.

Danyell Harris said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
to you, Jimmy and the kitty kids

^. .^
>'<

Are those the sleeves you were working on during Christmas? Dang, Girl! You are FAST!

linda said...

I wish I was that super-speedy, but no, I was working on different sleeves over Xmas. . .hopefully those sleeves will be done soon, though!