Thursday, July 8, 2010

A pair of hats

I really liked a stripey hat from Kim Hargreaves' pattern book Breeze, so I made two of them. The shape is pretty simple, what interested me the most were the colors used and the way they interacted. I found some Knitpicks yarn in similar colors that was much cheaper than the Rowan Milk Cotton that pattern calls for. I'm sure the Rowan yarn is great, but the Knitpicks yarn is very soft and drapey so it made a good substitute.

Pattern: Ash
Yarn: Knitpicks Comfy Fingering, in Sea Foam and Honeydew (blue and green)/Hollyberry and Blackberry (red and violet)
Needles: size 1 and 2









(Jimmy took this one for me. The part on the left is actually my reflection in a mirror.)

Here's Pistol reflected in the same mirror:

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Pistol has gotten so big now! Love the blue-green you used for the top hat.