Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sock-A-Day Challenge

I decided I was sick of having so many sock yarns, needles, and patterns just lounging around so I wanted to get some new projects in the works. But I couldn't decide which project I wanted to start. To get things moving I created a little challenge for myself: how many days could I go if I started one new sock a day with the yarn, needles, and patterns I had on hand?

The answer was:



The details: date - yarn - pattern - needles used

1. June 20 - Panda Silk - Bex by Cookie A - size 1 circ

2. June 21 - Panda Cotton - Eunice by Cookie A - size 1 metal dpns

3. June 22 - Colinette Jitterbug - Angee by Cookie A - size 1.5 circ

4. June 23 - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - Childs Sock in Miranda Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks - size 0 bamboo dpns

5. June 24 - Madelinetosh Sock - Mingus by Cookie A - size 1.5 and 1 circs (Note that the yarn isn't on any needles. I realized I will have to start these over because I cast on too many stitches. . .wtf, self?!!)

6. June 25 - Destination Sock Yarn - Gentleman's Sock for Evening Wear - size 1 bamboo dpns (modifying this to be for a "lady")

7. June 26 - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - Livia by Stephanie van der Linden - size 1 bamboo dpns

8. June 27 - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - Canal du Midi by Nancy Bush - size 0 metal dpns

9. June 28 - Lisa Souza Hardtwist Petite Merino - Empoisonnee by Yarnissima - size 1 bamboo dpns

10. June 29 - Socks that Rock Lightweight - Rainbow Socks by Susanne Kitzmann - size 1.5 and 1 circs

Most of them were started during the work week so I didn't get much done. Rainbow Sock #1 is finished thanks to my being at home sick for a couple days this week.

I still have one set of size 0 dpns, one set of size 2 dpns, and one size 2 40" circular needle; an internet's worth of patterns; and a storage tub of sock yarn yet to be used. Guess I'll have to do a round 2.

I have yet to decide if I'm going to make up a new challenge to get these all finished. Starting socks is easy, finishing them is a lot harder. . .

No comments: