Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm ready for cooler weather. . .

. . . finished my Clapotis . . .

. . . too bad it's really hot here now.

Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Sock, 2 skeins of colorway S245
Needles: size 3 bamboo staight
Modifications: I used a much thinner yarn and smaller needles. I knit until I ran out of yarn. Finished size is approximately 13" by 52".

I started this project last winter, but decided to set it aside since I knew I wouldn't want to wear it until this autumn. It was fun to knit, although I ended up doing bit of re-knitting since I wasn't sure when to start the decrease section, and I started it too soon at first and then realized I could do another repeat of the straight part before decreasing. The best part is getting to drop all those stitches, whee!

I did a little bit of cutting and splicing with the yarn to make the color stripes in a slightly different order. I don't know why I always have to do that with Noro, but I do.

I think the kitties would say this project was one of their favorites. The needles I used were often attacked:

And even the pattern was delicious:

No comments: