Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sea Wool by the Sea Shore

I thought I'd start with some pics of Ocean Beach to set the mood.


Ravens like to hang out on the beach.


Twisted driftwood, walking dude, big ship.


Shadows on the pavement.


Whoaaa! (record scratch sound)

It's time to talk about Sea Wool.

When I heard about Fleece Artist Sea Wool, I knew I had to try it. It's 70% wool, 30% sea cell, which is lyocell (wood pulp fiber) plus seaweed. Seaweed yarn? I'm there!

It took me awhile to finally free up a pair of needles, but on Saturday I cast on to make a pair of Unst socks, from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. The color I'm using is called ebony, although it's more of a greyish brown. I am in love. This yarn is so (sigh) rugged. . .

Check out the burliness:





I am knitting some hardcore man lace socks. Except that they are for me and my size 5 1/2 feet. Well, they are tiny but wide feet.

No comments: