Tuesday, September 23, 2008

finally, pictures for you

Computer troubles are getting me down. To be more specific, stupid router troubles. Grr. It's been putting a damper on my posting for about a month now. Anyway, if you're seeing this post, then the router is playing nice.

There they are, my done done done Bayerische socks, ready for a pumpkin patch:




Pattern: Bayerische Socks by Eunny Jang
Yarn: Lang Jawoll
Needles: size 0 golden Susan Bates metal

These were my longest socks-in-progress and definitely the hardest things I have ever knit. By the time I got to Sock #2, though, I could twist stitches and cable without a cable needle like a pro (okay, without cursing, let's say). In the end, I would even say it was really fun to knit.

I did 4 repeats of Chart D for the ankle and 4 repeats for the foot (to fit size US 5.5 feet). I think I was too scared to modify the pattern at all. Just joking, I didn't need to, it was really well written.

It was getting dark as I took this shot, but here's a side view, so you can see Chart D's design better:



Though the pattern is a winner, I don't think I like Lang Jawoll very much. It gets fuzzy and splitty rather quickly, and I could definitely feel the nylon in it. It's kind of rough. I hope that means it's sturdy and long lasting.

No comments: