Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finished pair

Here they are, straight from the back porch in Nags Head, NC:





Pattern: bmp by Aija Goto from Knitty
Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Cotton
Needles: size 1 Susan Bates metal dpns, size 0 dpns for heels & toes

As noted in previous posts, I made a few modifications to accommodate a thicker yarn and a smaller size than the pattern. As you can see, I decided to make the Invaders again instead of using the High Score pattern chart. I just liked them a lot, plus I have no idea what my Space Invaders high score is. I only put the shooter on one sock, though.

Making these socks made me grumble a bit. I know I've already bitched about having to do a lot of criss-crossing to avoid long floats on the inside of the sock. I've also already documented the trouble that the heel gave me. And I wasn't too thrilled with grafting so many stitches, in black yarn, at the end. I'm thinking that my decision to use Panda Cotton made things a bit more annoying as well. The yarn has elastic in it, and that makes it kind of grabby and uncooperative. It was hard to do duplicate stitch - the shooter design - with it because the yarn kept curling up.

But when I put the socks on my feet, I forgot about all of the above. They are so cute!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oh wow! those are ultra-cute!

jimmy said...

Good thing you only put the shooter on one foot or my angry nerd would have made you redo one of the feet -;]