Monday, September 15, 2008

Outer Banks knitting factory

Just returned from a week at the Outer Banks in North Carolina with Jimmy's family. I had hoped to do some blogging while I was there, but then I came to my senses and realized that I was on vacation. Usually my time is spent swimming in the warm Atlantic waters, reading books on the beach, and eating enormous quantities of Utz potato chips and blue crabs. The ocean was a bit rough due to Tropical Storm Hanna, so there wasn't a lot of swimming this time. I decided that knitting was a better option, and so I set myself up on the porch of our rented beach cottage:




I had decided it was high time to finish a couple of socks:


Bayerische



bmp


This was my very serene view from the porch. The ocean is on the other side of the sand dune:


I'm happy to say that I was able to achieve my knitting goals, as well as eating tons of potato chips and crabs. I'll post more info and pics soon. I think I'm still on East Coast time, I'm feeling sleepy even though it's only 9 pm here. . .

No comments: